- We played a couple more sessions.
- In an effort to "streamline" the system, I managed to present my players with one of the crappiest games I've ever run.
- Embarrassed by how bad the game had become, not wanting to go back to a previous iteration, and otherwise occupied by life, I let the whole thing drop and proceeded to play nothing but proven game systems.
- After playing a few wonderful sessions of Lady Blackbird, a long campaign of HELLAS, and a one-shot of TechNoir, I was inspired to re-visit the island.
- Two or three iterations of rules later, I finally found something that I thought might be fun.
- We played one playtest session, which consisted of 2.5 hours of game introduction & character creation followed by about 3 hours of actual play. Surprisingly, the system worked exactly as intended, and fun was had by all.
I'm looking forward to meeting Mark's character's paton, Louis XIV (that's Louie exEYEvee to you) and discovering how his interests intersect with those of Andy's patron, and owner/leader of the island Yakuza.